• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Samsung Fold 4 S pen

wjbzone

Lurker
Jan 5, 2015
Just upgraded from a Samsung Note9 to the Fold4. I didn't know there is a S Pen Fold Edition vs a S Pen Pro. The Fold edition S pen that came with the case, does not have functions the Note9 S Pen has. I used the S pen button to take pictures on the Note9. The Fold Edition button will not operate the camera. I am looking at getting the Pro S pen, but looks like it will not fit the case I bought with the Fold4. Lookiing for a case that will hold the Fold4 and the S Pen Pro. Have not found one yet. Anyone know of a case that will hold the Fold4 and the S pen Pro?

Reactions: major2112
They have not made a case for the S-Pen Pro for Fold 3 either. and as suggested by @major2112 the S-Pen Pro is pretty big. i wish the Note's S-pen would work on our z folds, but that is not the case unfortunately. maybe get one of those belt clip type cases. i have seen them have a stylus holder that the s-pen pro might fit in. i do not own the pro, but i don't mind the regular s-pen on my fold 3. and i could not justify having such a huge pen with no way of storing it neatly.

Reactions: major2112
Upvote 0
Yeah, there's no way the Pro would fit in a phone case. For the few Bluetooth functions I used on the Note's S Pen, it just wasn't worth a $100 for a Pen I'd have to lug around separately. The Fold Edition has a special spring-loaded tip to act as a shock absorber, putting less pressure on the screen. The nibs are much softer, too. Hopefully Samsung will at least figure out how to fit the S Pen into the Fold 5. That will be a huge step.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones