• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Galaxy Express with Tracfone

• Thread starter Android Question
  • Start date
A

Android Question

I have just bought an unlocked galaxy express and was hoping to use it via Tracfone, using there PAYG datacards and transferring my existing number. I cannot get a clear answer from Tracfone, one operator tells me its ok, he'll send a sim and he can transfer the number across, the next guy tells me probably not, he would have to look at the serial number of the phone and thinks I would have to go on NET10.
The data cards from tracfone state 'android powered' phones only, hence I assumed it wold be ok (as I was first told before buying the phone)
he phone doesn't arrive until next week, anyone out there have the real answer?

Al

"Android powered phones only, that have the special Tracfone software in them". They left out the second part. Net10, Straight Talk, possibly. Tracfone? Not unless the phone says Tracfone on it.

BTW, don't expect to get the same answer to the same question twice from ANY American Movil company. If you call 10 times, and ask the same question of 10 "representatives", you're likely to get about 40 totally different answers. Net10 and ST are great companies, as far as what you get for what you pay. But tech support? Jay Leno would pay almost any amount for a joke that funny.

I love the companies - had accounts with them for a long time. (May even go back to them.) But when I needed tech support, I put the right search term into my browser and went looking for an answer on a forum like this one.

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones