• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung Galaxy J3 (2016)

The camera app comes with different shooting modes such as Beauty Face, Best Photo, Continuous Shot, Sports and GIF mode.
Using it effectively takes practice. In order to record a GIF, you have to press the shutter button and camcorder button at the same time. The phone then takes 24 shots. Once the shots are all taken, the software stitches them together. I like that you can control how many frames play per second, as this helps create smoother GIFs. It took few a few tries to get the technique right, and the results are mediocre at best.

Note: Unfortunately, these steps relating to Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nope. Basically, the camera app on the J3 did not come with these features. There's nothing for you to activate. The only way is to get a different camera app with the feature. Keep in mind that these days, the J series for Samsung is their "budget line". Which means these would have the least features available as compared to the S, A, and E series.

Upvote 0
The camera app comes with different shooting modes such as Beauty Face, Best Photo, Continuous Shot, Sports and GIF mode.
Using it effectively takes practice. In order to record a GIF, you have to press the shutter button and camcorder button at the same time. The phone then takes 24 shots. Once the shots are all taken, the software stitches them together. I like that you can control how many frames play per second, as this helps create smoother GIFs. It took few a few tries to get the technique right, and the results are mediocre at best.

Note: Unfortunately, these steps relating to Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime
Thanks for the reply, but would not work on my J3. Still hope there's a way.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones