• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung galaxy s fascinate SGH-T959D (root,upgrade)

C

claudinejaz

I have an unlocked telus Samsung galaxy s fascinate sgh-t959d currently running stock 2.2 on T-Mobile. Can anyone point me to the easiest way to root and update this phone to ICS 4.0? Which of CM9 ICS roms is best for this phone & will run without any issues? I don't have a PC, is there anyway for me to root & flash without one? I know it's possible on lower end phones lol.Please bare with me, Any detailed help will be very appreciated thanks :eek:

buddy, hate to say, you will need a pc of sorts. i just downgraded one to froyo just for fun, these guys sure are old now sittin beside my i717 note. man i member when they was new kickass high end shit! lol but ya you'll need a pc for superoneclick, 2.2 or 2.3.3 will do. you will need to upgrade it to gingerbread 2.3.4 then on to ics. ill check back if and when i find an ics rom, i believe i rememeber seeing some. this chick will be happy, her ex bf had sp locked it on her, and it was locked to telus. so easy to kill all that now! it used to be quite an effort. remember these are the voodoo phones. disable that when flashing! and i'd do a stock ota update to gingerbread, you may brick if you flash a rom with bootloaders! the ota will not do that and will give you proper gb bootloader. i think thats the best advice you can get for now, care ful those boootloaders! and your welcome ! :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones