• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Galaxy S2X (Hercules) alarm wont turn off?

650Stew

Lurker
Nov 20, 2011
Hey guys, I did a search and didn't really find anything... I am kind of crappy at searches though so if this has been covered before I apologize for starting a new thread.

I use my Galaxy S2X for my alarm clock, but for some weird reason it won't turn off in the morning... It gives the red X in a circle with swipe marks to both sides, but no matter how many times I try to slide it or push the X the phone is totally unresponsive. I usually end up having to hold the power button until it finally reboots. It works once in a while, but not often! I upgraded to ICS a few months ago and can't recall if I had the issue before or not?

Is there an easy solution? I don't want to have to plug my old digital alarm clock back in if I don't have to. Any suggestions welcome, an alarm that wont shut off when your half asleep can make you pretty much insane! Lol

Well in ICS you are supposed to hold the red x button, then swipe it out of the circle that appears when you press and hold against it. It won't turn off until you manage to drag it out of the circle. Try it and see if it works.

Or you could always use another alarm clock app that has its own snooze and dismiss screen. Alarm Clock Xtreme for example can be set to dismiss only after you solved a math problem.

Reactions: 650Stew
Upvote 0
Well in ICS you are supposed to hold the red x button, then swipe it out of the circle that appears when you press and hold against it. It won't turn off until you manage to drag it out of the circle. Try it and see if it works.

Or you could always use another alarm clock app that has its own snooze and dismiss screen. Alarm Clock Xtreme for example can be set to dismiss only after you solved a math problem.

Thank you kindly, I'll give that a shot next time around. It's funny though, sometimes it seems to work fine and other times the screen goes totally unresponsive... Almost like it's locked up or something?

If that doesn't work I'll try another alarm clock app as you suggested... Lol, I really don't want to drag out my digital alarm, I much prefer to use my phone.

Thank you kindly for the tips, I appreciate the help :).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones