• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Samsung Galaxy S3 Rom New Update July 8 2013

Well here another update, been playing around with the ROM and just noticed two things, The calendar is missing and I know I can get an after market one but I actually like the google calendar, plus I have a lot of dates already entered that auto sync with it.
The other is the battery indicator, the pics from the post show a ICS blue theme with percentage but I get green icon without percentage :( I tried to change it with ROM toolbox but didn't work.

Other than those minor things it's really great and runs smooth....

Upvote 0
Ok, just another update, battery is dying a little faster than before but still great. After 9hrs I was at 50% with light use, 4G off, GPS off, bluetooth off. RUns really smooth but when I used google maps it did slow down a lot but that seems to happen on any ROM I've tried. I guess it takes too much RAM to run and our phones don't have that much.

Eversleyd, will number 2 themes work on this ROM? Thanks.

Upvote 0
Ok, just another update, battery is dying a little faster than before but still great. After 9hrs I was at 50% with light use, 4G off, GPS off, bluetooth off. RUns really smooth but when I used google maps it did slow down a lot but that seems to happen on any ROM I've tried. I guess it takes too much RAM to run and our phones don't have that much.

Eversleyd, will number 2 themes work on this ROM? Thanks.

Strider the search and home buttons worked? Just wanted to know and you think you can put some screenshots of the update? Would greatly appreciate that

Upvote 0
Is anyone else's back button working properly?

Hey guys, sorry for the late reply, been really busy the last few days.

Back button is working fine on my phone. The only issue I had was the missing calendar, which I've already added to mine. The only thing I still would like is the battery icon with the percentage on it.

As for screen shots, there's nothing new to see, the latest fixes were for bluetooth. I'm getting 12-19hr battery life depending on usage, which is really great. It's my daily driver now. I also debloated and added 2X battery app.

Upvote 0
Thanks Sled for the work. A couple of times you mentioned an update your working on, or will update now. I have not downloaded the ROM in a week since the name is the same. If you upload an update would you change the name or date it on the link?

Would not want to download and flash if it as the same ROM I have.

Thank you!

Eversleyd, I would also suggest you put the date when you upload the ROM so we know when it was the last time you updated it. Thanks again for all your hard work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones