• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Galaxy Spica or Samsung Galaxy I7500

HottSushiz

Lurker
Jul 11, 2010
I was originally going to get either the HTC Hero or Motorola Droid but found out they are both CMDA. and the Milestone is out of my budget. People have been suggesting to get the Samsung Galaxy S, that's also out of my budget and looks too much like an iPhone. So i stumbled upon these two phones.

I'm leaning more towards the Spica because it has superior battery life, and 800mhz compared to the 528mhz the i7500 has. and it can also play DivX.

What's making it a difficult decision is the i7500 has an AMOLED Screen. It can display 16,777,216 Colors while the Spica can only display 65,536 Colors I'm not too sure if that will make a difference. Also it has 5mp w/LED Flash while Spica is only 3.2.

One phone has a little of both. This will be my first Android phone I'm coming from a Sony Ericsson W995.

while the spica's processor has a higher clock speed, the architecture is different so you can't compare them quite so straight forward - there was a lengthy discussion about that in the i7500 section a while back and i think i remember it concluding that the processors are more or less equal power wise

that said, two of the biggest downsides to the i7500 are the low low ram and the fact that samsung isn't going to update it past 1.6 (spica has 2.1)

as a galaxy owner, i'd go for the spica out of those two, but if i were you, i'd look at more options - i hear the acer liquid isn't all that expensive and it's certainly a better device than these two

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones