• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 Question - webview

Hi my name is darry1966 and I own a samsung tab 2 7.0 tablet and wondered if there is a web view update for this somewhere?. Still has 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich on it? Will this improve browser performance?
yep older devices just cant handle modern websites. let alone majority of apps. is your browser just slow? what browser do you use?
Here you go.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100 - Full tablet specifications
This is an 11 year old device, you'll be lucky to do anything more with it because of its limited hardware.
here is the link for the regular website vs the mobile version.

the mobile version looks terrible on my pc....LOL

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
then you might be sol. i don't think there is an apk for webview. but i could be wrong. i also don't think that even getting an updated version will help with your device.

mobile tech uses a planned obsolescence model. so over time older models will get left behind as the operating system keeps upgrading. so you will need to either get used to things not working or get slower and slower......or upgrade to something new at some point.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones