• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Galaxy Tab Launching on Sprint November 14 for $399?

phandroid

Admin News Bot
Apr 12, 2008
Though Samsung hosted a recent coming-out event for the Samsung Galaxy Tab in New York City, carrier release dates and pricing have yet to be revealed. Enter a new report from BGR citing a Sprint source that claims the Tab should be landing on that network around November 14th at a price of $399 on [...]

More...

No 4g? This isn't on Sprint... And for the price, although you get a smaller screen than the ipad, you get much more versatility or a more complete device without needed add ons or dongles, not to mention flash which is expected more so on a tablet than a phone. Though I think it's overpriced (so is the ipad). $250 subsidized would be better. You have to pay for a data plan after all. $450 outright would seem more reasonable. And I'm just tired of netbook like panels (1024x600). Can they at least put a 768 panel in there?
no 4G, and $399 is a no go from here. i still don't understand their (samsung and carriers) business plan with this.

Upvote 0
No 4g? This isn't on Sprint... And for the price, although you get a smaller screen than the ipad, you get much more versatility or a more complete device without needed add ons or dongles, not to mention flash which is expected more so on a tablet than a phone. Though I think it's overpriced (so is the ipad). $250 subsidized would be better. You have to pay for a data plan after all. $450 outright would seem more reasonable. And I'm just tired of netbook like panels (1024x600). Can they at least put a 768 panel in there?

This one is reported going to Sprint. I have the Epic 4G now, so this Tab is the same thing sans sliding keyboard and larger screen. The incentive of a larger screen with the same hardward/software as a phone does not justify the price, IMO. Now, if it was 4G, then I might be more tempted to sign on because pulling the kind of data made for flash (the big sell) through 3G would be agonizing.

So, with that kind of money, I would expect more hardware and gingerbread. And, if I was going to sign on to a carrier, a tablet needs 4G speed, not 3G.

Upvote 0
i saw the verizon. should've assumed sprint. i doubt they're making different ones for different carriers. simple radio switchout. You'd have to have two radios in there for sprint. All are on equal footing too across the carriers at those price points. And you still might see them cheaper on amazon, wirefly and such. How long did the Epic last at $250?

You also don't know what the data plans will be like. As much as a data card? Can you still tether or be a hotspot? Do they charge more for 4g since it's premium data? And Also consider that less people will be in the market for a tablet compared to a phone, dwindle that down even more to people in a 4g market. Now if those people already have a 4g phone they'd be paying $240 more per year to have both devices. I think I'd rather tether from my phone and buy one outright than pay a completely separate line charge for a subsidized one.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones