• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Has Fallen On Their Own Sword

As post number #4 said, Samsung have a loyal customer base, surely this means that glass back or not they would buy the phone, why try to make an Apple look alike, surely Samsung are better than copying everyone else. iPhone has had a glass back for a while but I'm sure everyone didn't ditch their plastic phones to go and buy one. Phil

Upvote 0
There is no denying that the 'average' consumer doesn't want/need a removable battery.
so for the average user (who buy most units) a removable battery is no longer desirable.

I'm a very average consumer and I DO want a removable battery.

Yup, I could see me trusting to have my phone serviced over there at a local 'fix-it' shop. Asians are very particular when it comes to most anything they do. They are a respectful and accurate culture - total opposite of what is becoming of people here in the US.

Just as before. I'm an American, I'm respectful and accurate. I'm not obese and would not leave crumbs in a phone repair or any work for that matter

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Seems every year 100 new phones pop up, and the public just gobbles them up like candy. Like, why is that? What happened to the old phone??? I think that's the million dollar question here.

I'm surprised these manufacturers haven't met enough deadlocks, before deciding it is no longer original or worth their time to produce the same **** over and over again.

Upvote 0
Seems every year 100 new phones pop up, and the public just gobbles them up like candy. Like, why is that? What happened to the old phone???
It's a market with 1 billion plus people worldwide buying a new phone every 1 - 3 years and selling/trading in their old one. Add the fact that a year old phone is often considered old and you get tons a new phones every year to meet demand.

Upvote 0
A lot of older phones go to really good homes. Here in the US, anyway, there is a program allowing people to donate their old phones to support abused spouses and children. The phones are cleaned and serviced, then given to victims. They may not have any minutes on them, but every phone sold in the US can call 911 without any cellular plan.

Reactions: El Presidente
Upvote 0
And what exactly is the functional purpose of a glass back cover? The way I see it, the more glass there is, the more there is to break. Why not just leave the glass on the screen only? Not to mention the fact that at least from what I see, most people have their phones in cases anyway so you can't even SEE the glass back cover. Pointless as far as I can tell.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones