• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung New PC Studio MASSIVE PROBLEMS

frankmehta

Lurker
Feb 14, 2010
I connected my Samsung i5700 Spica to the PC after installation of the Samsung Studio that came on the CD with the phone, and the phone didn't get detected at first. THEN, I googled (from the 'google' phone of course :p) and found out that one needs to switch on Debug mode in settings. I did so, and now the device shows on the Samsung Studio, but says ONLY DEVICE UPDATE SUPPORTED.
I am confused! Have tried this on Windows 7 AS well as Windows XP SP2.

Please help! Need to sync my contacts with Outlook. Can't seem to connect the phone anyhow! :thinking:

Hello to all you Galaxy Spica owners:
I have been struggling with connecting my newly acquired Spica to my laptop, unsuccessfully. :(:(:(
Then I spent sometime with a person named Shisham and he helped me solve the problem - which Samsung (which I think should be changed to ShamShung).

You need the new "New PC Studio 1.4.0.IL1" version to connect the Spica to XP/Vista. This is the one available with the newly released Corby.

Download at Software & Manuals Support - Samsung Mobile
Download the one with release date Dec. 22, 2009, file size - 122.3MB

Good luck.

:) Vee :)

Upvote 0
It has to be NPS version 1.4.0.IL1, make sure uninstall all previous versions and restart before installing the 1.4 version - it worked for me both on XP and Vista.
Good luck.

PS. After installing and connecting the phone via the USB cable, a USB symbol shows on the top bar of the phone - drag it down and click on connect. Then it will give you a "mount" option (funny terminology to use one a device like this) the phone - click on "mount" then the phone will connect to the PC.

Upvote 0
It has to be NPS version 1.4.0.IL1, make sure uninstall all previous versions and restart before installing the 1.4 version - it worked for me both on XP and Vista.
Good luck.

PS. After installing and connecting the phone via the USB cable, a USB symbol shows on the top bar of the phone - drag it down and click on connect. Then it will give you a "mount" option (funny terminology to use one a device like this) the phone - click on "mount" then the phone will connect to the PC.

I can do all that on v1.3. However cannot do anything with contacts etc.

Upvote 0
I upgraded the NPS to 1.4 and my I5700 is not being recognized. It only recognizes a "UMS Compositte" device and is not possible to do anything on it. I had connected the phone once before installing the software. I think I need to upgrade the driver, but I couldn't. Do you have some problem like this? I want to upgrade it to 2.1, but I need to have this solved first... :(

Upvote 0
I dont have this setting.

if you own Samsung Spica i5700 with android 1.5 on it, you must have this settings. (it is the last menu item in Settings menu and the fourth one from top in About Phone menu)

Unfortunately, i must say that PC Studio 7 doesn't see the phone.
New PC Studio recognizes the phone but then u can't even sync your sms or contacts. No update available for me in Ukraine. Android System is not supported i think. Will wait for new software from Samsung.

I called to Service Centre and will go there tomorrow. Will update my phone to 2.1 android firmware and ask about the synchronization.

Upvote 0
I have been trying to get conected from my Galaxy Portal (GT-I5700) to my laptop and PC but with no luck until now.

I have downloaded the NPS and it stated that the GT-I5700 is not supported and you must use Kies!!

Having looked for the PC connection I have stumbled across USB debugging. I have switch this on and now my phone is recognised. YES!!

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones