1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Samsung Note 2

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by jag01, Feb 11, 2016.

1. jag01

jag01 Lurker

Hi I have a Note 2 (GT-N7100), which i have had since 2012.

Lately my alarms don't function and sometimes it starts ringing when I'm at work already (not at the specified time)????

Also my S Note has been giving me problems, when I pull out the S Pen the Note is supposed to pop up automatically and it is not the case, sometimes it pops up about two hours later??

I was also having problems with my FB app, but I've uninstalled it and run it through my Chrome browser.

I clear my Ram often and my memory is as follows Device 9.69Gb available from 32Gb and my SD card 6.48Gb from 14.47Gb

Regards

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!
    VIP Member

Sounds like it's time for a factory reset to see if you can release any hung up data that's bogging the phone down. Not that anyone WANTS to do a factory reset, but that's what I have for you.

jag01, tube517 and AZgl1500 like this.
  3. psionandy

psionandy Extreme Android User

If it was me... I'd back up my data and factory reset it. Restoring just the stuff I need, and thus getting rid of three and a half years worth of crud.

jag01, tube517 and AZgl1500 like this.
  4. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Extreme Android User

agree with two previous comments.

jag01 likes this.
  5. tube517

tube517 Android Expert

I agree w/the replies also.

I have a Note 2 (AT&T version) but I had to bring it back from the "dead" and restore a stock image (factory reset basically). The phone is running beautifully now (as my son's new "tablet).

jag01 likes this.
  6. jag01

jag01 Lurker

So it would be a factory reset and not a hard reset?
    what is the difference between the two?

7. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!
    VIP Member

Nothing: they are the same thing. Your Note 2 will be exactly as it was out of the box, ready to sign in and set it up again. But at least it'll work (hopefully). Make SURE you back up critical photos, videos, music and files to the PC or cloud - they WILL be erased! Good luck :)

jag01 likes this.
  8. Pyr00HD909

Pyr00HD909 Lurker

Wait, is your clock in the phone wrong? because it rings in wrong times because of the clock.

jag01 likes this.
  9. jag01

jag01 Lurker

no it wasnt (checked that :) )

10. jag01

jag01 Lurker

Thank you guys, I did the system restore, seems like I didn't backup everything, but not a train smash!

Working like new. :)

The_Chief, psionandy and Hadron like this.