• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung S4 mini I9195 KitKat Firmware

Just trying to get my head around the 4.4.2 update and it's rather irregular rollout.

Apart from the very obvious language differences what makes one regions update different from another region. For instance if I live in Australia what is to prevent me from installing the UK, Canada or US update so long as they are not locked to a carrier?

Any insightful advice would be appreciated.

I do not know if there are ant technical differences that would prevent your phone from working. But the various regional carriers may, and probably do, make changes. Rogers Canada is currently rolling out 4.4.3 having received it from Samsung and having done with it whatever they do.

That's interesting that they are rolling out a 4.4.3 when the a lot of rest of the world still haven't got 4.4.2. Indicates to me that there might be something wrong in 4.4.2. especially considering that 5. may be just around the corner.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones