• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung s7 fake?

dvuder

Lurker
Apr 8, 2017
I bought a galaxy s7 on craigslist. It was listed as new Verizon model but was obviously used lightly. No burn in and few scratches. The price was good.

It works well and I was able to get it to work with the sim and even installed 930u firmware to use with att. Att was able to add emei to my account

I have never seen s7 before this but on this one there are small squares around the back and menu button and a number engraved in the left upper bezel to the left of Samsung logo

I did not see this in the s7 in another store after I bought it, also a Verizon model. The phone has a clean emei

Can anyone tell me if this is some kind of demo unit and if there is a chance this is not the real deal or the glass was replaced or something like that.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones