• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung Transform Ultra will not remain powered off

MarkySF

Lurker
Nov 16, 2011
For a little over a month, I've been using a Transform Ultra. Until the last 24 hours, it had been working perfectly.

However, a number of issues have just popped up. I am going to place them in the order that I noticed them. But they all showed up at almost the same time.

1. USB would not recognize phone for Mass Storage mode.

2. When I power the phone off, it powers down but then automatically powers back on. However, it does not always successfully boot.

3. Successful reboot is inconsistent. I have to try a number of times and then it seems to randomly work.

4. When I remove and replace the battery, the phone automatically tries to boot. I do not know if this is normal behaviour or not. I can not remember from previous times I removed the battery.

I have removed the battery numerous times. I removed all applications that I had added within the last 48 hours. I have no idea what the issue is. I also removed the sd card to see if that changed the behaviour. It did not.

I appreciate any assistance you can provide.

Thanks,
Mark

1. USB would not recognize phone for Mass Storage mode.

Had this problem the first day. Was able to use the phone in Mass Storage for awhile. Every time it was connected, there was a pop up with options of USB Mode or Charge Phone (similar to the attached pic) and I kept choosing Charge Phone. There was also an option to remember my choice which I never selected. Before I went to bed I chose Charge Phone and selected the option to remember my choice. Next morning it would not go into USB Mode. There was no option at all to go into USB Mode, which usually shows up in the notification bar.

Long story short, did a factory data reset. Choice USB Mode and selected remember.

Attachments

• android-usb-modes.jpg
    android-usb-modes.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 116
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones