• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

samsungs allshare app for htc rezound

Had the same issue with my Inc2 before I got my Rezound. I used the Allshare app for Samsung phones & it worked fine. The only thing is you don't send your content to the allshare device. The only way I could view the content on my Samsung bluray player was to go the Allshare section on the player and access it. I wasn't able to control it from my phone.

Upvote 0
r u saying there is way to get samsungs allshare app on our htc phones if so how. that would be awesome

The app I am talking about is called iMediaShare Lite. You can also find it by searching for allshare in the android market. I know it worked on my Incredible 2, but haven't tried it on my Rezound yet. I also switched from a Samsung bluray to a Sony bluray player, so don't know if it's the same for both manufacturers. I'd say try it and see.

Update: I got curious and decided to try it out on my Sony bluray, and either they made changes to the app or it works different with Sony. To stream content on my bluray, I cannot select it using the remote for the player (like I had to with my Samsung). I do have to select the correct source in my bluray menu (shows up as iMediaShare HTC ADR6425LVW in my menu). When you start the app on the phone, it brings up a field of selections on the phone's screen. Most are like video or music channels, but at the top there are stuff that's on the phone (pictures, video, music, etc.). If you tap say pictures, it brinwgs up any folders that have pictures in them. It loads thumbnails of the pics in that folder, and you tap on the pic you want on the screen. A box comes up asking where you want to display it, basically any device that is or has been available (on mine it showed bluray player & a disconnected device which I assume was my Samsung bluray). After you select the device you want to stream to, playback begins on that device.

So first download & install the iMediaShare app. Then turn on the device you want to stream to. Next start the app on your phone (you should see the iMediaShare HTC ADR6425LVW somewhere in the menu of the device you will be streaming to. On your phone, select the media you want to view. After selecting the media file, select which device you want to stream to. The media should begin playing on your device. Good luck.

Upvote 0
Why can't you use the dlna feature?

That's actually what it is. But for some reason my old Samsung player wouldn't recognize it. When I called their support line, they said it was HTC's problem, HTC said it was Samsung's issue. So I went looking for an app that might allow it to work, & the iMediaShare app worked on it. I don't know if the Rezound would've worked with my old Samsung player, since I don't have it anymore. But I know the stock DLNA app wouldn't allow me to stream from my Incredible 2. I actually prefer the iMS interface to the stock dlna one, but both work. The iMS app seems to be more responsive as well. The reason I suggested the iMS app over stock is the OP seemed to be having issues streaming to his Samsung device, so I offered the solution that worked for me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones