• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung's internet defaults to facebook

losttherace

Jun 24, 2011
I went to Samsung's Internet and it automatically loads m.facebook.com/campaign/landing and a million other letters. I can't seem to clear the url and just go to search. I'll use Chrome if I need to, but this just started to occur when I was working on filling out a form for my doctor's office and wanted to go back to the previous page. Any help would be most appreciated.

go into your samsung internet browser and find the hamburger in the bottom right hand corner (that's the 3 lines) then select settings. in settings check to see what url is being used for the homepage. you have options of default which is google.com or you have the choices of "quick access", "current page", or "custom page".

Upvote 0
I used to have a problem with the Samsung browser, every week or so, weird crap would load for no apparent reason, or a pop-up would tell me to "click here" because Samsung browser problem of some sort. In those cases, where it was absolutely acting out of the ordinary, I would clear it up by dumping the browser from memory, go to setting > apps > Samsung browser, and clear cache AND data. Finally got to the point where it became obvious that the browser had problems, and I went to Brave. That was Note 5, maybe they're better now.

Upvote 0
the homepage is home. att . com ( I use consumer cellular) which uses att. I *thought* I deleted the cache and data yesterday but the dang page still pops up. I know I probably did as Trom did, a popup arose to 'click here'and I did. I hate to be stupid but 'dumping the browser' from memory...is that the same as uninstalling it? *blush* Thanks :)

ETA: I cleared data and cache, killed it as default browser, chose Chrome and life is grand again.
Thank you both for your help!

Last edited:
Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones