• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SAR question

• Thread starter Android Question
  • Start date
A

Android Question

I have a moto x with a SAR rating of 1.39 W/kg head and .05 W/kg body. I'm a little worried because 1.39 seems high. I am wondering if I use it for mobile browsing or playing games if the SAR rating would be .05 or 1.39 W/kg. Thanks!!

I'd not worry too much: there's a lot more hype and paranoia than there is actual medical evidence for health risks of mobile phones. The limits are precautionary, and the handset is below them, so personally I wouldn't worry about it.

That said, if you are browsing or playing games you are not holding the phone against your head, so your radio wave exposure will be much lower than when making a call (the SAR tests are performed with the phone strapped to the dummy's head, which is why the head rating is higher than the body rating).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones