• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Save My Soul

Leevis

Aug 15, 2011
Some help me please
Completely pee'd off with this backup restore thing.
Basically naffed up phone with Odin and am working to get it back to how it was but for some reason i cannot log into the android market place whch is called Market on my handset.
I can log into googlemail on my pc but it will not let me log in with the same login on my phone. What i want to do is log in a see if i can get a back up which i did with Titanium back up earlier today but i assume that i need to redownload the app again which i cannot do.
This is really doing my head in
Lee

http://matrixrewriter.com/android/fi...kup_latest.apk
care of XDA Developers ([APP] Titanium Backup Latest APK - xda-developers) , download the apk on your computer then use data cable to move to your phone and run apk file fro there to install titanium back up. its prob an older version bit should be ok.
you could also try doing the same with google play
Download Google Play Store App version 3.5.15 [Mediafire Link] care of Download Google Play 3.5.15 APK For Your Android Device | Redmond Pie to see if that sorts out the market place issue (providing your data is working if not try your provider to send the setup files to your phone)

Upvote 0
Thanks for that, i will give it a try.

I am still bemused why i cannot log in using my google account. I am 100% sure that it does work because i can log into it using a pc and see my emails etc. The wierd thing is that when i log in using my phone it says that the username password is not correct.
The problem i think i am going to have is that all my apps etc are linked to that account. I can create a new one but that seems to be a bit of a waste of time.
I am seriously cross with myself for screwing all of this up. I have all of my stuff back on my phone except for the apps now. I know which ones i had because i can see the receipts from the email and i can also see them (and install) them from the backup file because i can browse to it with the file explorer.
All i need now is to set up email and the app store thing but i am buggered if i can.
Lee

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones