• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Saving a mobile number to contacts...

nick_j007

Mar 5, 2010
After I've received a phone call you can choose to add that number to contacts.

All seems to work fine and it shows up for a short time on my phone and it appears to have stuck no problem.

After a few minutes through the name has dropped off and it does not show up in either my contacts on the phone or to the contacts in my Google listing online.

Am I missing something please?

I always choose to save to Google, not SIM or Phone. I assume that's right?!

Thanks. Nick

Are you saving it, scroll to the bottom and hit save

After I've received a phone call you can choose to add that number to contacts.

All seems to work fine and it shows up for a short time on my phone and it appears to have stuck no problem.

After a few minutes through the name has dropped off and it does not show up in either my contacts on the phone or to the contacts in my Google listing online.

Am I missing something please?

I always choose to save to Google, not SIM or Phone. I assume that's right?!

Thanks. Nick

Upvote 0
Hey All

Bit of advice/help. When I enter a new contact on my hero to google contacts and then syncs the new contact is deleted. I have no idea how to stop this happening.

I have saved all my contacts previously through google so it has worked without issue before.

Anyone else having a similar issue? I have tried clearing the cache in the contacts application settings but to no avail. Just wanted to see if there is a fix before I reset the phone.

Cheers in advance

Oh, I'm running official 2.1 on an orange branded handset in the UK.

Upvote 0
Hi, I realised last night when I received a text message that a contact I had saved last week had not actually saved to my contacts. I save to Google, always have done. I tried to save it again twice last night. I saved the name and number, linked it to a fb profile and all was ok, until the next time I looked it had un-saved again. This has never happened before now. I can't remember whether or not I have saved any other contacts since the 2.1 update so I can't definitely blame that but it does seem to be the same problem that everyone else is having in this thread. Any help would be appreciated

Upvote 0
Hi, I realised last night when I received a text message that a contact I had saved last week had not actually saved to my contacts. I save to Google, always have done. I tried to save it again twice last night. I saved the name and number, linked it to a fb profile and all was ok, until the next time I looked it had un-saved again. This has never happened before now. I can't remember whether or not I have saved any other contacts since the 2.1 update so I can't definitely blame that but it does seem to be the same problem that everyone else is having in this thread. Any help would be appreciated

It's gotta be the 2.1 update. The only solution I could find was to factory reset. Can save again to Google now.

Upvote 0
I'm having this problem too, but I'm still on 1.5. Been happening for a while now, since May I think.

If I go to my google account online and do all the changes there they stick, for now I've been saving to the phone, but it's oh so very annoying.

Though on 2.1 this is the same for me (still).

Sorry to ask the obvious, but a factory reset will wipe my phone back to #1?

Would be more than useful to have this save facility back though, so will consider it.

Upvote 0
The factory reset really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. All my numbers are Google so I had them back straight away. I'm not fussed about my messages so I wasn't bothered that they were lost but I know there are ways that you can back them up. I lost my apps but this was actually beneficial because when I was re-installing them I was more careful about only installing ones I actually wanted and used and if an app made the phone slow down then I uninstalled it again. It was quite nice having a 'clean' phone again and since the reset I haven't had any more problems with saving contacts.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones