1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Screen brightness changing for no reason

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by HarbingerTG, May 10, 2016.

1. HarbingerTG

HarbingerTG Lurker
    None

May 9, 2016
    Male
    So I have had my S7 for about two weeks. I keep noticing that the screen brightness randomly changes without me doing anything to the settings. For example, if I go from a darker area of my room towards the light, the screen will automatically get brighter. And of course when I go back to a less lit area it dims again. I did a lot of looking around over the weekend and have not been able to find out what the heck is going on. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks. This is driving me crazy.

I have the screen set to auto.
    standard power saver mode is on
    smart stay is off
    screen mode is adaptive display
    always on is also off
    keep screen turned off is off/disabled
    screen saver is off

Advertisement

2. Money_Mark

Money_Mark Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 23, 2011
    Nor. Cal
    The screen set to "auto" is your problem. Uncheck the 'auto' box, and your screen settings will stay put as you left them. By leaving it on 'auto', the phone will adjust brightness based on your enviroment.

MM

HarbingerTG likes this.
  3. HarbingerTG

HarbingerTG Lurker
    None

May 9, 2016
    Male
    Thanks. That is so weird though, I don't recall my S6 ever doing that. I will switch it and monitor it. Thanks again for the quick help.

4. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Jun 30, 2011
    Male
    That's what the auto is for. To adjust screen brightness automatically. You can also adjust it to set a certain brightness level depending on the ambient light. And yes your S6 also did it. But the settings on the S7 appear that it's a little too dim in bright light and too bright in the dark settings. Just adjust to where you are more comfortable.

HarbingerTG likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S7

The Samsung Galaxy S7 was launched in 2016 and was one of two devices in the lineup. The device features a 5.1-inch display with a resolution of 2560 x 1440, 4GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and a 12MP rear camera.