• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Screen comparison in Verizon store

darrin2520

Feb 4, 2010
www.dbcservices.com
After reading the DX2 screen issues and hearing some comments about the screen being sufficient but not outstanding on the Droid 3, I held off on my purchase until I could actually see it in person.

Yesterday, I went and looked at it in the Verizon store after which I promptly ordered it. (It's on a company account and I hate dealing with the Verizon store, so I didn't buy it there). The screen is definitely pixelated upon close examination. However, in comparing it to my original Droid from a normal viewing distance I found the screen to be bright, clear and sharp. There was even a Charge right by it. I am not going to claim that the super amoled was not better than the Qhd, but the difference wasn't near what I thought it would be. From normal viewing distance they are pretty close (IMO).

Overall I found the phone to be lust-worthy. It is slightly thinner than the Droid and not as much bigger as I had expected. It feels perfect in the hand and the keyboard is a dream. It is fast and responsive with a screen that is bright and clear.

Bottom line - it is worth going to take a look at if you have concerns about the display. It may bother some more than others, but you should form your own opinion about it. I will put more of my thoughts on the phone once I have used it, but my initial impression is WOW.

The D3 appears to be the real deal. If folks are not considering the D3 due to pentile or 512mb ram, they are probably missing out on a very well rounded and performing device that is priced very good for the consumer.

Added: Performance and stability wise, it does not seem like the D3 and DX2 were developed by the same company.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones