• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Screen does not activate

SWC

Lurker
Nov 3, 2011
Canada
My phone is 5 months old and I recently started experiencing a problem where the screen will not come on when press either start up button. Since the screen will not come on and I can not see the power off screen, the only solution is to remove the battery. This happened twice on the three days ago and once today. I presume this problem will continue and will become more frequent.
I searched the forums and could not find a similar problem. Any ideas?
Thank you
Stan

Yes I have precisely the same problem. Average once per week. Only thing that helps is to take the battery away. Then it starts by itself without pressing any buttons. And most often the battery is empty - very disturbing if this happens away from recharging opportunities.
Checked this morning that when you try to call to the SII it acts in the other end as if SII is on but not answered. The screen on SII remains black and dead.
These problems appeared maybe a couple of weeks ago. Has it something to to with the ICS update?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones