• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

screen locker app for s3 with hidden unlock?

dan55

Android Expert
Oct 23, 2010
hi all,

ive put this in here as it is s3 specific - ive got widget locker but it doesnt block the home button it seems, so bypasses the lock screen when waing device

ive been using picture password, but that seems to have been causing some home launcher freezes recently

im after a lock screen that has a hidden unlock (like PP swipe to unlock), custom wallpaper, and that prevents the home button from unlocking the screen

anyone found one?

thanks
dan

yes im rooted/rom'd now, but it didnt work when i was stock :/

thanks Dan - shame ol WL doesnt have a pattern or hidden slider option imo.
i know you can mess about with the slider button images within the app, but tis a reet pain :D

cheers

I use the S3 pattern lock behind widget locker. Unlock widget locker then I get pattern.

Actually editing the sliders to be invisible is dead easy. Just download any widget locker theme in the style of slider you want and edit the images to be transparent. I bet there are even themes like this now.

Reactions: dan55
Upvote 0
hi Dan,
ive osrted the home button issue with home helper option - thanks for that

but im still unsure about the transparent slider - i know you can download a transparent slider, But the icon still shows - just the bar is hidden if i recall - cant see option to edit the image to be transparent :/
thanks
dan

Upvote 0
Ah ok... gotcha.

OK so do this. Create yourself a folder for images on your sd card. Download the theme a second time and unzip it into a folder on sd card (so the images will be in the gallery).

Go back and open the theme in widget locker. On the "slide to configure" screen, slide the lock icon to the right so you can configure it.... In the icon tab use an option to change the icon from the gallery to one of those invisible images you unzipped. Tested. works

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones