• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help screen message asking whether to allow/deny location info, but when I tap nothing happens

Darwinized

Lurker
Nov 17, 2019
I have an issue where apps or websites generate the pop-up messages:
"www. site.com" wants to use your device's location. Allow Block"
or
the prompt whether to allow notifications or not

Problem is I cannot select either option. I tap, hold, double-tap, -all manner of trying to select one or the other, but it's like the Allow Block links/buttons are just text and have no function at all. In order to clear it, I hit the back button on my phone.

I have cleared the phone temp data, cache, and did a force stop on the browser. Did not help.
Android and all apps are at most recent updates.

Android version: 8.1.0
using Chrome browser

Attachments

• LG-screenshot.png
    LG-screenshot.png
    105.8 KB · Views: 303
Last edited by a moderator:
I have an issue where apps or websites generate the pop-up messages:
"www. site.com" wants to use your device's location. Allow Block"
or
the prompt whether to allow notifications or not

Problem is I cannot select either option. I tap, hold, double-tap, -all manner of trying to select one or the other, but it's like the Allow Block links/buttons are just text and have no function at all. In order to clear it, I hit the back button on my phone.

I have cleared the phone temp data, cache, and did a force stop on the browser. Did not help.
Android and all apps are at most recent updates.

Android version: 8.1.0
using Chrome browser

Sorry for the late reply, but I just saw your post. I have 3 suggestions:
1. Try a different browser and see what happens.
2. Uninstall Chrome, restart your phone and reinstall it.
3. Update your phone to Android 9.
Let me know it anything works.
Good luck.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones