• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Screen problem

pewe

Aug 3, 2013
A few weeks ago the screen on my phone suddenly became unresponsive BUT only in the bottom 1/4" or so.

So although I could access most functions on the phone, I could not use it to dial out as the dial function was unresponsive.

I rebooted the phone and it returned to normal.

Yesterday the same thing happened, but this time I cannot sort the problem despite numerous re-boots and even a factory reset.

Is this likely to be a screen issue, and if so anyone any thoughts on whether a new digitizer may cure the problem?

If that one doesn't work out there are other dialers there that you could try. This was the third one I tired for this. The first two put the buttons in the wrong place for you when in landscape. Just try some others if needed.

... Thom

That one has placed all the buttons off the faulty area when in landscape (so far) so it's fine.

Thanks again

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones