• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Screen Protector?

flu13

Android Enthusiast
Nov 23, 2009
Is the screen protector sold at B&N good? I have a Zagg protector on my phone, and I bought it after a lot of feedback about other protectors being too thick or whatnot. I could get a Zagg for the Nook, but it's $20 and I can't get it until Wednesday. Or, I could run back over to B&N and get theirs today for $17.

Is the screen protector sold at B&N good? I have a Zagg protector on my phone, and I bought it after a lot of feedback about other protectors being too thick or whatnot. I could get a Zagg for the Nook, but it's $20 and I can't get it until Wednesday. Or, I could run back over to B&N and get theirs today for $17.
If you like the dry-application type of protector (Boxwave/Brando type) they're fine, and you get two of them in the pack. However, the cleaning cloth that comes with it is worthless - it sheds lint all over the screen, and the dye rubbed off on the inside of my case after I tried storing it there.

Upvote 0
I have the matte Zagg I purchased at Best Buy. It definitely alters the look of the display, but it gets rid of the fingerprints, and I found I could read in the Miami sun if I held the NOOK in shade. I've grown to like it, even though I've purchased a replacement, so I'm keeping it on for now.

Upvote 0
I like to buy a cheap, but well rated, 3 pack (for $20 or less). Sometimes the first one doesn't work so the second one will be golden. I still have my 3rd one to install on my wife's TP (the Zagged one), if she gets tired of the stickiness. Since both have the same case, that's the only way to tell them apart w/o booting it up.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones