• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Screen rotation on BB1.1

Jinnai

Feb 16, 2010
Odd question here..running BB1.1, but it doesn't allow the screen to rotate automatically, even though that option is turned on in the settings. I noticed Ultimate 3.7 does allow this, what other ROMs allow it? It's a minor feature, but one I like to have....

Odd question here..running BB1.1, but it doesn't allow the screen to rotate automatically, even though that option is turned on in the settings. I noticed Ultimate 3.7 does allow this, what other ROMs allow it? It's a minor feature, but one I like to have....

That feature can be turned on or off by the dev's...not the end user. Remember your stock rom that came with the droid? You couldn't see the home screen unless you opened the keyboard...same thing with Bugless. I like that feature as well but I can see why people don't like it too.

Upvote 0
Actually, on the stock ROM, it's a setting so that it "reads" the accelerometer and determines whether the screen should be in portrait or landscape mode (hit Settings in the Home Screen, under "sound & Display"). So I would guess it's a user-option that the dev can disable...just wondering what other ROMs the devs have decided to allow this. So far, I have one each way :D

Upvote 0
Actually, on the stock ROM, it's a setting so that it "reads" the accelerometer and determines whether the screen should be in portrait or landscape mode (hit Settings in the Home Screen, under "sound & Display"). So I would guess it's a user-option that the dev can disable...just wondering what other ROMs the devs have decided to allow this. So far, I have one each way :D

people keep saying this is an option but I have not once seen it work for the home screen. I am almost positive that what that setting does is turn on or off orientation switching on all apps (even if the app has rotate checked) but has no bearing on the home screen. motorola even said the home screen isnt suppose to switch unless the keyboard is open

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones