• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

scrolling on any website is horrible with 2.2

yeah..Big time jumpy, skipping screens when pin zooming into text while in the default HTC browser..Dolphin HD does it too and Dolphin HD does not resize text as of right now im sure an update will follow to iron that issue out.. This is a really big dissapointment to me well...because i use the internet brower very often on my Evo. Everything else seems to be working flawless except i notice battery life is different, havnt had time to really test it out but i notice it takes much longer to charge than before..On the browser i tried turning off javascript and disabled plugins but its still skippy as shit.overall performance of the phone is much more improved but FIX THE BROWSER HTC!!!!!

Upvote 0
My scrolling, text input, key board, etc is all noticeably better, smoother, faster, more responsive. And I thought it was great before!

Not rooted, installed the official 2.2, etc
I agree. My web browsing seems to run smoother now. People need to remember we are still on a cell phone. Don't think it will perform like your PC. IMJUSTSAYING

Upvote 0
I agree. My web browsing seems to run smoother now. People need to remember we are still on a cell phone. Don't think it will perform like your PC. IMJUSTSAYING

I,dont get,what you sayin? My keyboard and my browser are lagging. With 2.1 it was flawless. just like a pc. My phone sucks ass now. Scrolling on anythng is jusy laggy. I,hate it and I'm pissed off.

Upvote 0
mine is hit or miss. sometimes text input and scrolling lags...other times it doesn't. Also seeing inconsistencies in web pages that are "left active" after I close out, home page not loading...leaving web pages to come back to them and them not being there....

all around really quirky web browsing after the update.

OTA update. using stock browser.

Upvote 0
Well, what I've noticed is that on some sites my evo is loading a lot more content than it did before (because it simply couldn't load it before since it didn't support the content), and thus some scroll issues are occurring for me too.

However, my evo's performance is just as good if not better on sites which were able to load in their entirety in 2.1.

Upvote 0
I had the problem with skipping / stuttering as well. It is not imaginary. I didn't test it before restoring a bunch of apps with Titanium Backup, so I don't know if it was like this from first use. However, after I restarted my phone, everything works smoothly. I was very disappointed with 2.2 until I did the reboot, but after a reboot, all is good. I'll post if the problem returns.

FYI: I did do a hard reset when flashing the rooted Froyo (.6 version)

Upvote 0
I wonder of the people who are seeing good browser performance and those who are not if a hard reset is playing any part between the two groups.

I for one did a hard reset after the unofficial update and my browser if running just fine. And I set flash to On Demand

Is it recommended to hard reset after the update? I did not perform one after the official update to 2.2 and my scrolling and text input is perfectly fine. Wasn't that excited for the update in general but all the little things that they have fixed has made it really nice!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones