• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SD card and Contacts questions

tmette

Dec 11, 2009
Illinois
So I picked up the Maxx HD over the holidays and love this thing so far. I ran into a problem since I was traveling and couldn't access my Google account since I had 2-step verification on. I had to start loading my contacts that I would need while on vacation manually. Now that my phone is synced with my Google account, I've noticed that the manual ones I entered just got put in the crappy Verizon backup contact thingy. Is there any way to turn this thing off completely? Now I have to go through my contacts list and make sure it's a Google contact so that it syncs with Gmail.

Also I put a SD card in this bad boy to give me some more space. It seems the little door that covers the SD card is kind of weak? Over time the edge starts to get pushed out and a couple of times the SD card got unmounted. All I had to do was push in on the little door and it recognized the card again. Anyone else having this problem?

So I picked up the Maxx HD over the holidays and love this thing so far. I ran into a problem since I was traveling and couldn't access my Google account since I had 2-step verification on. I had to start loading my contacts that I would need while on vacation manually. Now that my phone is synced with my Google account, I've noticed that the manual ones I entered just got put in the crappy Verizon backup contact thingy. Is there any way to turn this thing off completely? Now I have to go through my contacts list and make sure it's a Google contact so that it syncs with Gmail.

Also I put a SD card in this bad boy to give me some more space. It seems the little door that covers the SD card is kind of weak? Over time the edge starts to get pushed out and a couple of times the SD card got unmounted. All I had to do was push in on the little door and it recognized the card again. Anyone else having this problem?

On the SD card part...use the little pin to push the card in all the way. If you just use your finger, it'll probably pop out over time. That happened to me as well until I used the pin to push it in.

Reactions: tmette
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones