• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SD Card/ Battery Removal

I usually just take a 5lb sledgehammer to my phone when I want the SD card/battery out. Just swing, swing, swing away. Ignore the sounds and bending/denting plastic. Eventually after a good 15 or so swings, you'll see parts flying out. This is when you stop swinging, and the point at which you just go grab the piece(s) you want from the floor. After said parts are retrieved, just grab a hot glue gun and some duct tape. Hope I helped!

Nah I kid. The battery cover/back IS a bit tough to get off, but what I do to help me is pop the headphone jack open and use my fingernail to help push the cover down that way as well sliding it with my finger down. Works fine, it's just the cover isn't MEANT to come off easily, for obvious reasons.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones