1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support SD Card/ Battery Removal

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Dumbazz42, Dec 27, 2009.

1. Dumbazz42

Dumbazz42 New Member

Dec 21, 2009
    I would like to upgrade the SD card in my moment. However, I am not sure how to access the SD card. The back cover feele like it is going to break when I try to slide it down.

Advertisement

2. flu13

flu13 Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2009
    It definitely takes a good bit of pressure to slide the battery cover down. Probably more than you think you should apply. It doesn't slide far, though. But keep trying.

3. njbianco

njbianco Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2009
    Male
    metro detroit
    Just slide it down it definitely shouldn't break i take mine off all the time it'll be fine

4. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants

Dec 2, 2009
    Network Admin
    Chicago
    Indeed, I take mine out quite a bit to throw my micro sd in my pc

5. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Resource Consumer
    San Diego
    I usually just take a 5lb sledgehammer to my phone when I want the SD card/battery out. Just swing, swing, swing away. Ignore the sounds and bending/denting plastic. Eventually after a good 15 or so swings, you'll see parts flying out. This is when you stop swinging, and the point at which you just go grab the piece(s) you want from the floor. After said parts are retrieved, just grab a hot glue gun and some duct tape. Hope I helped!

Nah I kid. The battery cover/back IS a bit tough to get off, but what I do to help me is pop the headphone jack open and use my fingernail to help push the cover down that way as well sliding it with my finger down. Works fine, it's just the cover isn't MEANT to come off easily, for obvious reasons.