• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SD Card Help!! Corrupted?...

MikeAce00

Sep 8, 2010
I rebooted my cell after making some minor changes and now my SD card will not mount. It keeps asking me if I want to "Format my SD card". I can't even properly mount to my PC via mass storage. There are pictures of my 11 month old daughter that I don't want to lose.

Are there recovery type options to save/recover this data or am I hosed?
and is this a common problem or some random event??? I'm rooted and on Lib1.0 but I don't think that's the cause...

ANY help would be appreciated!

Thank You,

Mike

Reactions: MikeAce00
Upvote 0
I had the same problem. I couldn't get anything back and I tried everything. I couldnt get it to read on anything. I tried multiple phones, computers, card readers, and nothing worked. Even when I tried to format it on the phone it wouldn't let me. Mine was a no name card made in korea. I read on another thread these phones came with different cards and people who got cards like the one I got were having them corrupt themselves and fail on them too. I went to Verizon and made them give me a Sandisk card. Hope you have better luck and can get your stuff back.

Reactions: MikeAce00
Upvote 0
Okay using a card reader I can see the folders but something is up, very unresponsive. I can open some folders but the DCIM folder is being very stubborn. Trying Recuva program now.

1 thing I noticed is my PC is saying this is formatted at FAT32, is that the correct format?

Thanks,

Mike

Upvote 0
Okay so what ever the issue was I have a feeling it originated in the DCIM Pictures folder. I 1st tried Recuva but that didn't work. I then tried "photorec" and that was pretty helpful. It didn't get everything. It was able to get all of the Thumbnail photos but most originals were lost. I feel better about things though because I was able to see what was on there and thankfully most everything I'd want to save, I can track it back to source ie text, email, or uploaded to dropbox...

My card is a SanDisk brand... I was hoping it wasn't so I could blame it on that.

Card has been reformatted using my PC, and I'm back up and running (albeit a little cautiously)

Just hoping it doesn't happen again. I suppose now I need to figure some sort of way to regularly sync my photos with my desktop. I'm sure there's a good app out there.

Thanks again everybody for your help, its much appreciated!

Mike

Upvote 0
Just hoping it doesn't happen again. I suppose now I need to figure some sort of way to regularly sync my photos with my desktop. I'm sure there's a good app out there.

Mike,

Glad you are up and running again, albeit with some lost pics :(.

By the way, a recent discussion over in the Eris forums about backups came to mind when I read your above post. Member doogald suggested MyBackup Pro. Here's the link to that thread http://androidforums.com/eris-all-things-root/267846-seeking-perfect-backup-concept.html (its not too long).

Cheers!

Upvote 0
Thanks Scary, looks like I might need to look into that. I have TiBu and this reminds me mabye I should set my back up to DropBox...

But I like that MBP has back up support for everything including SMS and Photos... I don't think TiBu does this. Maybe we need a DX thread comparing the too?

Upvote 0
IT HAPPENED AGAIN!!!

Not sure what the deal is... Scrolling through the twitter app in LPP and my phone acts a little buggy. I reboot and get:
"SD Card Blank or Incorrect Format" tried to create a nandroid and I get SD Card not mounted. I plug mSD into newly purchased reader and its not even showing up as an available disk drive... Ugh, Frustrating.

Is it the SD Card or the Phone causing the problem...

Upvote 0
Hi guys

I am having similar problems I took some photo's last night wanted to upload them to Facebook and Instragam all it says is unable to download file, I can see photo's on my Xperia Z1 enlarge them etc....I then tried to have a look at them on my laptop and the images do not exists. It says my files/ sd card maybe corrupted. I have tried to see if I can recover images no such luck with sgsecurity.org. I don't understand how I can see photo's on my phone but not on my laptop. There must be a copy of photo on my phone surely in able for me to see them?

Hope someone can help me

Kind Regards

Suzi

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones