• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SD Card Issues.

Hello!
I was sleeping then I woke up and went to play some music when I noticed it was all gone?

I plugged my phone into my computer and noticed that Driver E: was empty. I don't know for sure if it's my phone or my SD card that was wiped clean. My SD card is where I kept everything and now it's gone, but I don't understand how my SD card is 4gb and Driver E: is 11.2GB. That would be my phone if I'm not mistaken.

Any help?

-Jason.

Physical removal of the SD card is the only thing that I can see being the issue, barring a defective SD card or slot.

If Drive E is showing about 11GB, then that is the S2 Internal storage space. It seems that you don't have an SD card in the phone, or it is defective, or the slot is defective.

Remove the back cover of the phone and make sure that nobody has removed the SD card. If it has been removed from the phone, then you know someone is playing games with you while you are sleeping. If it is still there, then try another SD card to see if it shows up. If the new SD card is not showing up, or you are unable to format it, then call your carrier and get your phone repaired.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones