• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories SD card?

I contacted the seller saying it was unacceptable that a 32gb card could only hold 2gb of data and here are the results of a test a ran...and so on and so on.

They offered a full refund or exchange, I opted for a full refund. They originally said I would have to post the card back in order to receive the refund. I said they should also reimburse me for the cost of the return postage as its faulty/fake. They later said I could keep that card and they would issue a full refund with in 10 days.

With hindsight maybe I should have insisted they send me a genuine 32gb micro sdhc card, but I shall gladly take my money back.

shumaseller168168 is the name of the eBay seller.

Upvote 0
I contacted the seller saying it was unacceptable that a 32gb card could only hold 2gb of data and here are the results of a test a ran...and so on and so on.

They offered a full refund or exchange, I opted for a full refund. They originally said I would have to post the card back in order to receive the refund. I said they should also reimburse me for the cost of the return postage as its faulty/fake. They later said I could keep that card and they would issue a full refund with in 10 days.

With hindsight maybe I should have insisted they send me a genuine 32gb micro sdhc card, but I shall gladly take my money back.

shumaseller168168 is the name of the eBay seller.
Log a complaint with ebay and paypal, as you wont see your money again. They'll simply abandon the acct and the extra 10 days means paypal cant refund you.

Upvote 0
Considering that SD it probably was 32 gigabit rather than gigabyte which is actually a perfectly legal thing to do, however often this is not explained to the buyer and they are often duped into believing the capacity is much higher.

Anyway I picked up a class 4 PNY 8GB card from play.com. It's gone now but play.com have their own rebranded class 4 8GB card for

Upvote 0
Considering that SD it probably was 32 gigabit rather than gigabyte which is actually a perfectly legal thing to do, however often this is not explained to the buyer and they are often duped into believing the capacity is much higher.

That would mean that the 32Gb card would be 4GB in actuality. But if you see the below:

32GB Micro HCSD Card from Ebay
The media is likely to be defective.
1.9 GByte OK (4082495 sectors)
29.2 GByte DATA LOST (61435073 sectors)
Details:0 KByte overwritten (0 sectors)
0 KByte slightly changed (< 8 bit/sector, 0 sectors)
29.2 GByte corrupted (61435073 sectors)

Also, fake capcity claims are usually claiming to be GB (not Gb) and they write this value in MB or whatever on teh flash memory itself so that it shows as what it claims.

Upvote 0
will do.

I've also contacted all the buyers of similar products from that seller and asked them to check their cards

I used a different seller but still from china, did any of the other people have the same problem? I wonder why more people are not checking their cards out and leaving bad feedback? What do they hope to gain from selling these? I mean if it were a 16 GB card then I could understand people not filling them up and noticing for a long time but 2 GB would fill up so quickly; if you were going for a 32 GB one in the first place it would be because you would need a large card and would probably notice the small 2GB size once you try and fill the thing. :thinking:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones