• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help sd storage

aekhhi

Jul 10, 2010
So... normally if I just plug my phone in via USB to my computer, I have the option to mount as a disk drive. for some reason, I cannot do this on my one x+... anyone else have this issue or could help me with this? I need to get pictures off of there where I can upload them directly to an album on facebook. and it's not letting me. plus I need to add pictures from my other camera onto here. help!

So... normally if I just plug my phone in via USB to my computer, I have the option to mount as a disk drive. for some reason, I cannot do this on my one x+... anyone else have this issue or could help me with this? I need to get pictures off of there where I can upload them directly to an album on facebook. and it's not letting me. plus I need to add pictures from my other camera onto here. help!

I have no problems. Make sure your phone is not asleep. I am using windows 8 and in the computer window i get "HTC one + portable media player icon. double click this and you are there.

Upvote 0

I had the same problem... I called HTC and they told me to try a new USB cable, then if that didn't work then I would have to do a factory reset, then if that didn't work I would have to send the phone in as it was faulty... Long story short, I took the phone back to AT&T and am waiting on a Nexus 4.

They had horrible customer service, the person who helped me was very nice, but they didn't know anything about the phone. They didn't have a phone there to look at and they didn't even have the users manual there. They weren't much help... They told me to try removing the battery from the phone, which has a non-removable battery... And another time they told me to try removing the SD card and see if that helps...

Upvote 0
Hi there, sorry if this seems obvious but the files only show up once the phone is connected and you have switched the phone on and put any password you have set up into it. You can then look into "internal storage" and find the file where your photos are. (or at least you can with Windows 7).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones