• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root SDK Driver Help

Rossco_Pee

Android Enthusiast
Dec 8, 2009
Iowa
I recently did a clean install of Windows 7 and reinstalled SDK so that I can connect my rooted phone via ADB. My problem is when I try to manually install the USB Driver. I get an error stating "Windows could not find driver software for your device." This occurs for both the i386 and amd64 driver. Has anyone ran into this? Appreciate any help.

I recently did a clean install of Windows 7 and reinstalled SDK so that I can connect my rooted phone via ADB. My problem is when I try to manually install the USB Driver. I get an error stating "Windows could not find driver software for your device." This occurs for both the i386 and amd64 driver. Has anyone ran into this? Appreciate any help.

Rossco,

Frisco posted this link a while back that might be of help to you:

Hardware Helper Online: Windows USB Device drivers

If this doesn't work, shoot me a PM with your email address and I'll send you a collection of USB drivers that I have.

Cheers!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones