1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Second GMail for address book backup.

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by G35 Mass, Dec 25, 2009.

1. G35 Mass

G35 Mass Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Here's the situation I have.

The GMail account I have and registered to my cell phone when I got it is an account I've had since the first few weeks GMail was in beta by invitation only over 5 years ago. Needless to say, I have hundreds of contacts in that account.

When I activated my Droid, they ALL came over. What a mess. The Verizon guy emptied my contacts on the phone and uploaded my phone book from my BlackBerry.

I want to sync my Droid's address book to a second gmail account I made just for this purpose, but I can't get them to sync over. How do I delegate my phone's contacts sync with that second Gmail account?

I added it under Gmail and logged in. Under Contacts > Accounts, that account sync is ON for contacts and auto-sync & Background data is checked.

Advertisement

2. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    IIRC you can use groups to control what's synced with Android.

3. HippPop

HippPop New Member

Dec 23, 2010
    As far as I know, Synchronicity is the good choice to backup/restore Gmail address.
    http://www.egg-on-egg.com/
    If you have Blackberry and Android which are synced with gmail, they can share same address book.

4. nyydynasty

nyydynasty Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2010
    Male
    IT Manager
    NY
    what if you use Kies to export the contacts then import them into gmail contacts ... ?

5. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2010

That would be the simplest option.