• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Second GMail for address book backup.

G35 Mass

Lurker
Dec 6, 2009
Here's the situation I have.

The GMail account I have and registered to my cell phone when I got it is an account I've had since the first few weeks GMail was in beta by invitation only over 5 years ago. Needless to say, I have hundreds of contacts in that account.

When I activated my Droid, they ALL came over. What a mess. The Verizon guy emptied my contacts on the phone and uploaded my phone book from my BlackBerry.

I want to sync my Droid's address book to a second gmail account I made just for this purpose, but I can't get them to sync over. How do I delegate my phone's contacts sync with that second Gmail account?

I added it under Gmail and logged in. Under Contacts > Accounts, that account sync is ON for contacts and auto-sync & Background data is checked.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones