• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Security Storage process??

Cilraaz is right. It is a core service that comes on some newer Android phones from some providers, but not all, and that it is designed to speed things up and handle secure read and writes. It helps keep rogue apps from accessing personal data in the phone. It has access to about everything along with a couple of other service processes. It came on my Galaxy SIII. Other configurations of the SIII handle this in other ways. It doesn't have much effect on battery life on the Galaxy. It is best to not disable it if it is on there and don't worry about it if it is not.

Upvote 0
So that I dont open a new topic. I got this process killing my battery with 20% u can see my screenshoots here how fast its dropping so its affecting my battery badly

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/q1u1v9var3n59c2/AADgV5DzKd1bZW4vw4ZfFho0a

you see after 6hr my battery is already half dead. With 32 min use it also drops fast.

I dont know why my disable button is greyed out? In all in one toolbox I can uninstall it but I need help to be sure it wont make my phone stop working or something

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones