• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Seek to hire Android developer

Johnny Cakes

Android Enthusiast
Oct 13, 2009
I seek a developer for a simple app which would look at each outgoing telephone number prior to the call being placed and compare that number to a list. If the number is on the list, the app would insert *67 prior to the call being placed.

Purpose: This app would remove caller ID block for services which require/use the caller's number.

Real world example: Because I do not want my business clients to call me back on my cell phone rather than my office number, my cell phone is set to block my outgoing caller id.

However, some apps (e.g. SpoofCall, Slydial, etc) use the caller's number as provided by caller-id to automatically log into the caller's account. The phone number which these apps call is hard coded into the app, so *67 can not be added.

Accordingly, I seek an app which would watch to see whether a call was being placed to one of these numbers and, if so, dial *67 so as to remove caller id block and permit use of the services.

Please respond to androidapp@xemaps.com Please indicate the compensation you would expect to develop such a program and your prior programming experience / portfolio.

Thank you.

Is it possible to just add *67 before the contact's number? So it'll always take off the caller id to people you know/trust. Just a work-around, I know. But it'll save some memory I guess.

Good point and that is what I do for the most part.

The problem comes with apps which hard code a number into the app, such as SpoofCall or SlyDial. These apps automatically "call home" to the hard-coded number which can't be changed.

That is why I am looking for someone to write an app which would intercept these attempts to "call home" and add *67 so that when the app calls home, the caller ID will display. These services use the caller ID to log into the users account.

I am serious about paying to have an app which can do this written.

Upvote 0
Hello Android Developers,
I seek a Android developer to build an application that will control and provide display of data for the Digital Aquatics and Neptune Apex Aquarium controller systems. You can find an example of some of the features and functionality of what I am looking for in the "Mymobile reef 2.0" application that is available on the Android market, and the Ireef iphone application.

I have previous Software Program Management experience and can draw up a technical specification and help with the development of this tool. Mostly what I need is a coder and tester.

Todd

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones