• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Seidio Active X Case Black Review (25+ pics!)

Intro:

Well Just received the Seidio Active X case for review I have to say I was surprised. You are provided with three pieces. Outer Screen protector, a rubber back skin, and then a Plastic Skeleton to go over the rubber back piece. Installation was breeze and this case is easier to remove due to the design of the Plastic Skeleton. Outer Screen protector is pretty simple to remove but having finger nails will benefit greatly! Another thing to note: Since the Skeleton is a separate piece, changing colors will be simple ( if you wanted to could even paint it! ). Sliding Mechanism was not affected at all.

2010-10-15162950.jpg

2010-10-15163043.jpg

Design:

Outer Screen protector

2010-10-15163055.jpg

2010-10-15163118.jpg

2010-10-15163426.jpg

2010-10-15163437.jpg

Outer Screen Protection Piece does have a taller lip and it is a little thicker but feels strong. With the taller lip I didn't find any affect or issues with comfort on the use of the screen or buttons. The finish is smooth with a rubbery feel, and yes you may find that one or two little bumps within the finish - (If you really want to remove the bumps in the finish then use 1500 or 2000 wet sand paper and very Lightly go over the bumps. Make sure to wet the paper - this will allow you to keep the finish). The tabs are located on both the top and bottom of the piece and sectioned in the middle ( view pictures above ). -- This is nice since the most common issue with cases is scratching or restriction due to the tabs being placed on each side.

Rubber Skin:

2010-10-15163207.jpg

IMO - I love this! Provides protection for the phone without the possibility of the case scratching the phone itself. Both the Power and Volume buttons are covered but fit the form of the phone and require the same amount of pressure to be pushed. As for the cut outs - Match perfect- Mic, USB, Headphone, Camera, and LED, and if by chance yours does not you can also trim whatever excess you need to since its rubber.

Back Skeleton:

2010-10-15163136.jpg

2010-10-15163238.jpg

2010-10-15163448.jpg

The back Skeleton has a very smooth finish with no bump in sight. The skeleton itself is very sturdy along with the clips located on each corner. Now the design was to set for most common point of Impact. On any phone there are 6 points - Top Left and Right Corner - Bottom Left and Right Corner - Left Side - Right Side. The Skeleton was designed around these 6 points of impact along with using the rubber skin interior as a shock absorber. The skeleton Case Wraps around on each point which in truth allows for a sturdier construction due to each point of impact being supported both by form and curvature.

I will provide pics of the phone within the case once the Camera is charged.

Pics, Pics, Pics

DSCN0075.jpg

DSCN0077.jpg

DSCN0080.jpg

DSCN0107.jpg

DSCN0105.jpg

DSCN0111.jpg

DSCN0088.jpg

DSCN0090.jpg

DSCN0175.jpg

DSCN0176.jpg

DSCN0177.jpg

Active X photo Album

Album

Reactions: defiant79
im liking the look of this case. I'm worried about one thing. I had a zig zag screen protecter on my evo then had a case from this brand. It was two peices. But it would lift up the screen protecter on the egdes. Will this happen with the epic. Cause when I had my evo either really could only pick screen protecter or the case. Hope I won't have this problem

Upvote 0
I've never had an Invisible Shield attach itself to any external case.

I assume you'll be applying the IS to the naked Epic first (as opposed to trying to apply it with the second case on already) and doing what's necessary to apply the IS perfectly (washing hands, cleaning screen and removing lint, choosing a dust- and lint-free environment, carefully applying solution, placing protector very carefully after removing cut out pieces with a scissors tip or long pin, finessing the centering so that everything lines up, squeezing out bubbles and extra solution, etc., etc.). It's a lot of work, and the Epic probably doesn't need an IS, but once you apply it correctly, an IS isn't going to attach itself to an external case.

I repeat: I've never ever had that happen with any device.

Upvote 0
A couple of questions. I currently have the Seido "Surface" case & holster. I rotate between batteries, so I have to take the back case off regularly. I have just broke one of the small tabs that holds the back part of the case to the phone, that was my second back part of the case (Seido sent the recent one out under warranty). Obviously, that was not the phone case for me. My questions are: 1) Does the back case clip on to phone in such a way where it can handle being taken off the phone once a day? 2) Do you think the holster for the Active X is the same as the one for the Surface Case? I would rather just buy the case instead of the case & holster combo.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones