• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Seidio Innocase for Droid any good?

I replaced my Seidio Innocase with the VZW rubberized case to solve a slightly loose slider problem. I loved the Innocase, but am happy with my new case. My Innocase is the sapphire blue color and was only used for about two weeks (never dropped). If anyone is interested in purchasing it from me, please pm me...

from what i heard the innocase fixes the problem with a loose slider also if u run into that problem

Upvote 0
yikes, some people were afraid this was going to happen i think with the friction or whatever from the innocase... i was set on getting one from all the great talk about it, but im not gonna make my keyboard looose by getting this case.

from what most i heard is that their keyboards BEGAN as loose and the innocase fixed it by making it more tight.... but i also heard people concerned it will loosen up the keyboard over time (as the above post states)
anyone else have similar problems or want to say something otherwise?

Upvote 0
I'm not sure that I would attribute the slider becoming loose to the case itself... I use my physical keyboard a LOT. I'm not sure what caused the issue, and the slider is only a little loose, but I was getting annoyed with the movement between the screen and the keyboard with the droid closed. The movement was extremely slight, but it bothered me. The rubberized case from VZW appears to be more rugged, and it eliminates the movement I described above by putting rubber against rubber when the droid is closed.

I guess what I'm saying is that the innocase is a very good case, but it didn't serve my purposes. I don't think that it was the "cause" of my issue though...

Upvote 0
I have received my Seidio this afternoon and I'll give my first impressions.

First impression was "wow, I love the texture of the case."
Second was, "how do I keep the darn top cover on the screen!" It is just like any other Droid case, you have to flex it until all snaps snap into place.
(I got Seidio's full screen protector and It's nice having all my screen covered instead of the Verizon's screen cover.)

I had put the whole case on, now to test sliding. I don't like the "drag" feeling when you put cases on. I felt some drag on one side and thought "Dammit!"
After sliding a few times and feeling where the drag was coming from, I took my finger nail file, and filed the tab(s) where it rubs. Bingo! Slides beautifully now!
The bottom of the case on screen is raised unlike the Verizon case I had where it recessed in that location. I guess it's a good thing there is a ridge there so maybe I won't keep hitting those dang keys on accident!
Seems like there is enough clearing in the mic (the part you talk into.)

The case seems thin enough.
These are my first impressions. I think as the days progress, I'll get the real feel for it.

Upvote 0
I am not as lucky as u guys><
I got my seidio case today but the upper cover doesnt fit in my milestone
i tried hard to press in the four corner of the upper cover but it keeps rebounding up. It seems the problem of the size of the upper cover doesnt match the milestone.
Does anyone get this problem?
I bought the purple one on their web.
How should I bargain with seidio? replacement of the product really takes a lot of time and money as I live in Hong Kong

Upvote 0
I am not as lucky as u guys><
I got my seidio case today but the upper cover doesnt fit in my milestone
i tried hard to press in the four corner of the upper cover but it keeps rebounding up. It seems the problem of the size of the upper cover doesnt match the milestone.
Does anyone get this problem?
I bought the purple one on their web.
How should I bargain with seidio? replacement of the product really takes a lot of time and money as I live in Hong Kong
Did they tell you it was going to fit? I am just curious, because if they did then it is hands down their fault; if not then you need to approach the situation a little differently. :)

Upvote 0
Have been using this for over a week now (they delivered back before Christmas but my apartment complex didn't let me know it came!) and am fairly satisfied. It ameliorated one problem for me not yet mentioned, which is accidental pressing of buttons when sliding the keyboard (particularly the volume and the search buttons). I'm no longer hitting the on-screen buttons by accident thanks to the raised edge at the bottom of the phone.

I got my geek on and bought the holster, too. The entire combo is HUGE (the Droid, naked, is not tiny to begin with, of course).

I would have gotten one of the colors, but they all look a little too faded for me. If you're going to go with a color, you might as well go with a COLOR, you know?

Upvote 0
Does anyone know what the difference between the Desktop Cradle Desktop Cradle and the Desktop Charging Cradle Kit Desktop Cradle Kit? It seems to be the same cradle, but the kit includes a wall charger. Are there any other differences? I don't really see it being worth an extra $10 to get an extra wall charger, but if I were using this at the office, then I guess that would be handy.

Upvote 0
I received my Verizon Droid on Christmas and ordered an innocase in purple. Purple was out of stock and Sedio was waiting for new stock. I finally received my case. The back piece went on very easily but the front piece kept popping off. I called Sedio and they sent a replacement case. The same thing happened. I gave it to my husband and he could not get the front to stay on. The only thing that I can think of is if the case is made in China, they have no quality control. The whole batch is defective. Everyone here who has bought the case, loves it and they don't seem to have my problem. What color did you get? Maybe that color will work.

Upvote 0
I received my Verizon Droid on Christmas and ordered an innocase in purple. Purple was out of stock and Sedio was waiting for new stock. I finally received my case. The back piece went on very easily but the front piece kept popping off. I called Sedio and they sent a replacement case. The same thing happened. I gave it to my husband and he could not get the front to stay on. The only thing that I can think of is if the case is made in China, they have no quality control. The whole batch is defective. Everyone here who has bought the case, loves it and they don't seem to have my problem. What color did you get? Maybe that color will work.

I don't think it's the case, but rather it's the phone. I had the same problem with the gold case I bought. The bottom easily went on, but while the front part would not stay on my new droid, it clicked on to the older droid I was returning to Verizon with no problem. I can only guess that it has something to do with the spacing of the slider?

Seidio has sent me a new cover, but I'm on the road for the next few days (heading down to Brazil to warm up) and have to wait until I get home to try it out.

Upvote 0

I received the purple one last week and it fits perfectly on mine, no chance of it ever popping out. Maybe it depends on how you put the case on?

Upvote 0
I have the clear Seidio case and it works great. It fits very very well to the phone. However, since it is a clear case you can see dust and lint collect underneath the clear plastic. I don't think you would have this problem with a colored case.

I was wondering about the clear one...is it more of a hard plastic shell, similar to the clear Verizon one, or still have the 'softer' touch of the colored ones?

Upvote 0
I just ordered mine. I currently have the Vzw rubber case, I like it, but the Seidio seems better in a few ways.

1. The main reason why the Seidio appears much better is that they have a much larger opening for the mic. My Vzw rubber one covers the mic almost completely and it makes it hard for anybody to hear me.

2. Lint. I hate having to constantly struggle to get the top of the rubber case off of my droid just to wipe down the screen. Idk if the Seidio really is any better but ill find out soon :)

3. It looks a tiny bit thinner than Vzw's. I'm used to the size of my droid with the rubber case and have no complaints about any bulk, but I'm not going to complain if they shave off a little bit :D

Like I said, the larger opening for the mic is the key selling point for me. I'm sick of people telling me to speak up when I'm talking to them (Does anyone else using Vzw's rubber case have this same issue?). I'm looking forward to a case that will protect my $600 phone without impeding on voice quality. I'll let all of you know what I think of it once it arrives and I use it for a couple of days.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones