• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories SEIDIO - Liar, Liar, Your Pants Are On Fire...

All I'm saying is that there's a whole lot of hullabaloo and people jumping to conclusions on both sides, but no one has any concrete evidence either for or against Seidio. There is no hard evidence that says these batteries are underrated or not, just a small handful of mildly suspicious things, which is hardly enough to warrant all of the fury and threats of BBB reporting.

Thus I, as a consumer, can only go by experience, and my EXPERIENCE is that my battery lasts a couple hours longer than my stock did. My stock would be in the yellow at the end of work before, now I've got 50% (although I did change a few things along the way). My battery life is good now, and this means that until I get any PROOF that Seidio is lying, I'm not about to get up in arms.

After all, it'd be pretty convenient if Seidio WAS lying. I'd get my money back from them and I'd buy something else.

I hear you, which is why I'm trying to just argue for the other side, since I don't think there's conclusive evidence either way with the information we do have. No one knows anything conclusively, and until someone decides to test a number of these bad boys under controlled settings, we won't know. It does make for an interesting and fun discussion though, no? :)

Reactions: GrandMasterB
Upvote 0
Well, I was getting 3 hours and about 35 minutes of "talk time" on my stock Incredible battery, and now, with the Seidio "1750," I get 4 hours and about 45 minutes. That's about one third more talk time, and that corresponds reasonably to the claims made by Seidio.

The real issue with all of these batteries is what they sell for...it's absurd. The profit margin on them is astronomical.

Upvote 0
Ok, this is only the 2nd day I've had the 1750 battery and here is my first attempt at posting what I'm getting for battery life:

Uptime: 11 hours
Running: 23.6%
Screen on: 9.3%
Wifi On: 33.4%
Est. time left: 8 hours 24 min
Battery: 73% (system says 67%)

Not too bad, I think, for the 2nd day. Granted I only but the battery in about 2 hours before I went to bed, and then was in my "power saving" overnight settings (timeriffic with wifi off except for 2 hours in the middle of the night to backup phone to lookout, sound off, vibrate only). I've also been using it moderately for a couple hours (no phone calls, email, text, internet, downloading apps, astrid tasks, news) since I woke up. So about 3-4 hours of moderate use since 8pm last night, and still 73% remaining (est). So far, so good...

Going to try some heavier use tomorrow when I'm home alone. Kind of hard to use it a lot when the wife is around and we have things to do.

:D

Upvote 0
As a Seidio 1750 owner I can't believe how many here are just saying this is ok or they knew going in they weren't getting a real "1750" battery.

Anyway I know the Seido 1750 is better than stock but that's not the point. The point is we are not getting what we paid for.

Now if Seido said the battery was 1500 or 1600 and sold it for a resonable price I would have still purchased it but I should have been made aware of this from the start.

Reactions: DrunkDroid
Upvote 0
He posted in this thread earlier. I'm not sure if he posts on weekends.

Ya I just edited that. He posted on page #1 and page #2 but could only explain so much.

Obviously we are not expecting him to reveal any production techniques here but to not be able to explain why the numbers on the battery say what they do is kinda of hard to swallow.

He said "The first link posted is to a Chinese cell rated at 1530mAh. We don't use Chinese cells"

Ok so how did that label get on their battery? Is he saying the OP lied? Yet another poster took off his label and found the same thing...

Upvote 0
Ya I just edited that. He posted on page #1 and page #2 but could only explain so much.

Obviously we are not expecting him to reveal any production techniques here but to not really be able to explain why the numbers on the battery say what they do is kinda of hard to swallow.

Understood. SeidioSeidio has posted in other threads I've seen regarding their products, and he has always been helpful. If you haven't seen his posts, check out some of the threads about the Innocase. I've been very impressed by his willingness to try to make things 'right'. I understand there are a lot of questions about the 1750 battery that he hasn't answered, but it pains me to see him suddenly portrayed as being some type of villain.

Upvote 0
but it pains me to see him suddenly accused of being some type of villain.

Oh yea no doubt. Plus unless he is the President of the Company he may not know every little thing that goes on or gets done by them.

What confuses me is he said:

1) You can't go by the second label to tell the capacity of a battery.
2) But follows that right up by saying the first link in the thread is a 1530 battery.

Ok so why is that label being found on a 1750?

Upvote 0
And you know this how? I'm curious. Details please - I'm sure you must have details to back up your assertion. What kind of analysis did you do?

I took my battery apart after seeing this post. Then I posted pictures. They are on the first page.

No "mods" as you stated, just the dot matrix printing under the "seidio" wrapper. It's not modded, it's just a 1500 plain and simple.

edit: see you already clarified before your post that I quoted:

Oh, I didn't mean the label being modified, I meant the battery itself. Obviously I don't know.

Upvote 0
AllezDada, what is your motive behind your necessity to continually better Seidio's PR?

We are researching whether or not the battery has a mah of 1750 or not. If they really get 1750, then Seidio has nothing to worry about. So in reality, they should be welcoming this investigation we have brought forth.

You seem to be on some sort of damage control. Call me crazy.

Upvote 0
AllezDada, what is your motive behind your necessity to continually better Seidio's PR?

We are researching whether or not the battery has a mah of 1750 or not. If they really get 1750, then Seidio has nothing to worry about. So in reality, they should be welcoming this investigation we have brought forth.

You seem to be on some sort of damage control. Call me crazy.

I don't have a problem with researching whether this battery is 1750 or not. My problem with this thread is that a lot of conclusions are being drawn without enough information. There is pretty much a mob mentality amongst many of the posters here; many are ready to skewer Seidio and the rep it has on this board without doing any of the controlled testing that I and some others agree would be helpful. I don't work for Seidio, I don't personally know the rep, and I don't own stock in the company.

But I do have my own sense of what I think is fair. That is my only agenda. If you consider this to be damage control, so be it.

Upvote 0
I don't have a problem with researching whether this battery is 1750 or not. My problem with this thread is that a lot of conclusions are being drawn without enough information. There is pretty much a mob mentality amongst many of the posters here; many are ready to skewer Seidio and the rep it has on this board without doing any of the controlled testing that I and some others agree would be helpful. I don't work for Seidio, I don't personally know the rep, and I don't own stock in the company.

But I do have my own sense of what I think is fair. That is my only agenda. If you consider this to be damage control, so be it.

Simple....

Sort through it all. Make your own decision. I don't know why CHOICE is such a bad thing these days? :D

Upvote 0

While I agree with most of what you are saying above, it's hard not to jump to conclusions when the company decides not defend themselves. Their only post assures us that their cells are "built to the highest quality standards of excellence". They don't say anything about the mah of the battery.

No company is perfect, but they need to provide us assurance that their batteries are as advertised on their website. If that includes some type of testing, that would be even better.

Reactions: DustinF00
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones