• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sell me on the Evo, please! (over iPhone)

Anexan, Thanks a ton! That's just the kind of list I wanted to see. It seems that the big advantage is the cheaper calling plans, 4G w/tethering, and the android notification system.

For me, the single biggest draw to the EVO 4G is the bigger screen. I've handled the HD2 and loved the amount of screen space. I weigh iPhone OS and android about equally as they have their own strengths. That's why I'm going to have to handle both extensively after they launch to make my decision.

Upvote 0
but always remember... multitasking is the key thing to Android... that's what makes it stand above the rest... (Picture an android with its hands on his hips like a hero standing on top of the "Palm" of a hand filled with "BlackBerries" and "Apples") LOL!
You forget Palm can multitask pritty well also (and i believe was doing so before android was) and does it much better, but I still like the use of widgets on android better! BUT there are much more things that wedos does not have that android does that makes it better (like more stable, better hardware for it to run on, more options to customise your phone w/ out patching/hacking it)

Upvote 0
I am waiting for both phones, although I will probably try the evo first, since I am already on Sprint. I am exited to get rid of my touch diamond, which I chose over an iphone, unfortunately.

As of now, sprint is twenty less a month on the everything phone. In my network, I think Sprint is better than AT&T, so why would I pay $240 a year more for a worse network? That is $480 for a two year contract, which I will be locked into.

However, because I have an ipod, I have movies, music, podcasts, all easily set up on my itunes. Having access to all of that easily between devices is really nice. When I get evo, I will be interested to see how I can use my phone as a multimedia device. I have no idea how I get movies, music, etc into an android phone. Of course I will learn that before the phone comes out. I know my friend on verizon who has an android phone has excellent streaming with some program that allows him to watch tv shows. The picture is wonderful.

How fast the internet and apps work will probably be the deciding factor. Remember the milk and google calendar sync between my exchange server at work, and my ical, so with the phone syncing, I should have my todo list, calendar, and emails wherever I go.

Hopefully within thirty days, I will be so hooked on the evo, I won't switch to the iphone, if for no other reason, to save $480.

I hope we all benefit between this competition.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones