• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Selling my laptop

Greenveg

Aug 9, 2015
I have a HP Pavilion g6 Notebook laptop 6.00 GB Ram 64 bit OP System, which I want to sell. It is a few years old, but

hardly used, and is in prestine condition. If I remove everything, I believe it will automatically install the Windows that it

came with when I purchased it new. It is running Windows 10, but I cannot remember if I upgraded from an earlier version.

There is nothing of any importance on the laptop. Is it possible to remove files, and be sure that Windows 10 remains.

You can reset your HP Pavilion g6 to remove personal files while keeping Windows 10 intact:

1. Back up important data.
  2. In Windows 10 settings, go to "Update & Security" > "Recovery."
  3. Choose "Remove everything" to reset your PC
  4. Select whether to keep or remove files during the reset.
  5. Follow on-screen instructions to complete the process. This ensures a clean system for selling without affecting Windows 10. Always back up important data before resetting.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones