1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

"Send Only" email account

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Michael Hadden, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Michael Hadden

Hello all.
    I am new to using Android devices. I have searched these forums in hopes of getting an answer.

I wish to setup an email account on my LG GpadF 8.0 that only sends emails and doesn't receive them. Currently it will send & receive all emails.

I need to set this up on several folks' devices (in the field) so they can send emails, yet if there is a reply, it will only go to our central computer.

This is already setup on several computers, but I cannot find a way to do this on the Android devices.

Any advice, or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

- Michael

2. Best Answer:
    Post #3 by AZgl1500, Feb 4, 2016 (1 points)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

3. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Extreme Android User

What I would do, is to establish a gmail account for each device and then create a filter that will forward all of their incoming emails to your Main Email account, and then archive the message that just came in.

that way, when they try to look at the Inbox, it will always be empty.
    I am doing that right now with a gmail account, it forwards everything to my Yahoo account which I have had for 30 years.

You can use the outgoing email account they used as the ID for the person who sent it out.

Or:
    you could set all of them up on the same exact account for outgoing mail, and have the "Reply To:" header address to your Main Server account..... I have that on 3 computers and 2 cellphones.... all of them are using the same exact email account, and that gmail account, as I said, forwards everything to Yahoo.

works a treat for me. I never have to wonder "which device sent that out?"

4. AZgl1500

I use Aqua Mail on my cellphones.
    * Aqua Mail - email app - Android Apps on Google Play

I just now reviewed all of the settings in it and don't see a way for it to create a "Reply to: address header",
    you can handle that on the web for the Gmail account that you set up for all/each cellphone or device.

On the web in Gmail, I see there is a setting to "Send mail as:
    (Use Gmail to send from your other email addresses)"

That can be your Reply To: address

Under "Filters and Blocked Messages" you can create some very power filters to forward, archive, delete, etc...

Forwarding and IMAP/POP also provides a lot of control over how you want the account to work.

#3 AZgl1500, Feb 4, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2016
  5. Michael Hadden

WOW!
    Fantastic ideas! I really appreciate the help.
    All of your ideas are great, but I think the last one is best.

Either way, I'll try it and see.

Thanks so much for the help!
    Michael

6. AZgl1500

I would like to hear back as to how this all works for you, it is neat to get feedback with a good solid resolution.

Future users can use a thread that has a solid FIX as their tutorial...

7. Crashdamage

Crashdamage Android Expert

AquaMail has a 'Reply to' option, of course. Most email clients do. Just do this:

Long-press on the account titlebar > Options and folders > Composing and sending > Reply to.
    Enter the address of the mailserver you.want all mail to go to.

That should do. I see no need for creating special accounts etc.

#6 Crashdamage, Feb 5, 2016
    AZgl1500 likes this.
  8. AZgl1500

Ah, that does not show up in the Menus..... thanks for that.

I had not seen that before, and that solves his complete problem.

Looking more, I found "BCC to self" which is a huge time saver for me....
    I keep copies of most of my outgoing emails so that I know that I did a job for someone.

#7 AZgl1500, Feb 5, 2016
    Crashdamage likes this.
  9. Crashdamage

Crashdamage Android Expert

There's another option you might prefer. Instead of sending a BCC to myself, I just have AquaMail automatically keep a copy of outgoing email in the Sent folder. In the same 'Composing and sending' screen just look a little farther below the 'Reply to' option and check 'Save sent messages'.

AZgl1500 likes this.
  10. AZgl1500

that's even better, does not clutter up the inbox.

another thing I use is "Read Receipt", can't tell you how many times someone has told me "I never saw that".....

Crashdamage likes this.