• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help sensation coming 2 orange uk?

Looking at the Orange site this morning, the Sensation is now available. However, adding the phone doesn't actually give any plans to select (thus rendering it useless). The same thing when signing into your account and going via the Upgrade Option (I'm on Dolphin 30 / 18m and the "Upgrade Price" is showing as

Upvote 0
The trick I use to get the best price is to initially get a price for your phone from the 'normal' upgrade team and tell them that you will think about it.

ring back a couple of hours later this time selecting option about leaving Orange. You will get through to retentions: ask them what the procedure is for transferring your number over to another network. They will then explain the PAC code procedure to you. followed by asking why you want to leave.

Just say its too expensive - then listen for the deals to roll in from the agent! :)

Oh an you get a better price when your contract has actually expired vs about to expire.

Reactions: johncf and NigelP
Upvote 0
A quick question from across the pond:
What 3g/HSPA+/HSDPA data band frequencies are being used by the Sensation in Europe?
What is on the box?

In reply to this, JackTheMan, the specs aren't listed on the box. Here's a link to the HTC UK website for the Sensation which lists the specs you're after (I think).

HTC

Hope this helps!

Upvote 0
hi mhp37, i am on orange, i have to admit when i first used the phone to actually call someone i could not hear them at all, my second call was crackly.

but since then for some reason the call quality is fine, the exact same thing happened with my partners phone who is also on orange ( both htc sensation )

i have to say that it is a little on the quiet side though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones