• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sense vs. <any other launcher>?

I used Go launcher EX the entire time I owned my Triumph. After getting the EVO, I of course loaded it on immediately but after playing around with it something just seemed off after experiencing the zippy Sense. Sense is just so amazingly fast and peppy that I can put up with it having less customization. Using things like Multicon, I can still customize how many apps fit on one screen, not have labels show, etc.

Upvote 0
I'm going to stick with Sense until I get around to rooting my EVO. Which ever ROM I go with, I'll be installing Trebuchet. Although, Nova was really nice on the Quattrimus ROM for the OV....

Definitely one of those 2

EDIT: I just looked at the SPB Shell site and Holy Crap that looks nice! Anyone know if there's a free version or trial, or do you just have to take the plunge?

Upvote 0
I use Apex Pro on my ICS tablets and love it. I rather like Sense on a phone. The are updated files you can flash over at XDA, not sure if there are any here, that allow the icon grid to be changed to 5x5 but that's about it and requires root. Search for references to Rosie, the name of the magic file Sense uses to define that story of stuff.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones