• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Serious overheating issue

pcbms

Apr 9, 2010
Over the last day my phone has started to get very hot when connected to the internet - the heat seems to start in the top left hand corner of the phone and then spread - I'm running kf3 which i've been running for weeks without problems - anyone any ideas to help here?

Over the last day my phone has started to get very hot when connected to the internet - the heat seems to start in the top left hand corner of the phone and then spread - I'm running kf3 which i've been running for weeks without problems - anyone any ideas to help here?

All I can suggest is a firmware flash. Kg5 is what I use and only heats up for gps use

Upvote 0
A firmware update might be your only option I'm afraid. I had heat issues with my SGS2 and flashed it to KG6 the first time that pretty much solved the problem for me. The firmware you are running is old, there is a newer official firmware KG5. If you think flashing to a newer firmware might be an option then head over to "All things root" at the top of the SGS2 forum, there you will find all the info you need. Post back and let us know how you get on either way.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones