• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Setting up a static IP on Wildfire

Nozone

Lurker
Jan 2, 2012
Hello, first post!

I bought a Wildfire S which is having problems connecting to my home WiFi network... I am not sure what the problem is, but the router is an old Thomson Speedtouch (which no longer seems to be supported in any way shape or form), so extrapolating from some of the info I have found on the internet I presume it is because I need a firmware update for the router.

Anyway, the Wildfire can pick up the network, and is supposedly connected to it, but nothing else after that. It can connect to various other networks no problem (I can also get into the router control panel, and it recognises my Wildfire).

Anyway I've found this; I had to remove the link for my first post! I'll repost it in the first reply to this thread.

Which seems promising, though could someone possibly help me with the details of obtaining IP Address/Gateway/Netmask/DNS1.

A couple of them come up under ipconfig /all. But what is the IP Address? Is this one I am assigning to the device? Or is this the IP address the device is connecting to?

As you can probably tell I'm not well endowed in this department so if anyone has the time/inclination to explain things a little bit to me I'd be extremely grateful!

Thanks for any help in advance!

Oh and Happy New Year to all :D

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones