• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ShadowRom In Rom Manager.

So far im having no problems with this ROM and it seems to be working great. Its basically CM6 with its own tweaks and modifications. I'm using king's AOSP kernel running at 1.113 ghz without any issues. Another neat addition is the built in OC settings app making it easier for those who dont use SetCPU to overclock the processor natively.

Upvote 0
i switched back to CM6. I Just don't like the stock dialer and with CM6 I can install dialer one and replace the dialer icon in the launcher with my dialer one icon. Other than that the shadow ROM was really good. I liked the 3D wrap around effect of the app drawer =] also the power control widget had a LOT of options.

Upvote 0
You can always use Launcherpro and then put Dialer one in the tray. Thats how I have mine set up and you also get the option of the 3D app drawer. Just A idea :) So far for me this has been great but I did notice just now that when I mount the phone to the computer that I cant access my internal memory. Anyone have this issue.... and maybe a solution?

Upvote 0
Ok Flashed it on my New Incredible and it's working fantastic

BT Audio and Handsfree audio and phone control all work
WiFi works
3g Works
Calls work
Facebook sync works
Email works
camera and camcorder work
super fast see pic below

Only thing that doesn't work is Internal Storage isn't mounted. Honestly I could care less , it would be nice but I have 32gb card with 18gb free. I can't say anything about battery yet but it seemed to be pretty damn good on the other Incredible. I will report tomorrow on that

EDIT::
GPS works but turn by turn isn't loading fully it says searching for GPS for about 90sec when I gave up. I am however on the 3rd story of a 6story loft building . It might work better outside but I remember stock this worked.

Attachments

• incrediblyfast.jpg
    incrediblyfast.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 78
Upvote 0
Jim can you update once this is on your working phone??? I want to flash this but want to know it is without bugs

Ok Flashed it on my New Incredible and it's working fantastic

BT Audio and Handsfree audio and phone control all work
WiFi works
3g Works
Calls work
Facebook sync works
Email works
camera and camcorder work
super fast see pic below

Only thing that doesn't work is Internal Storage isn't mounted. Honestly I could care less , it would be nice but I have 32gb card with 18gb free. I can't say anything about battery yet but it seemed to be pretty damn good on the other Incredible. I will report tomorrow on that

GPS works but turn by turn isn't loading fully it says searching for GPS for about 90sec when I gave up. I am however on the 3rd story of a 6story loft building . It might work better outside but I remember stock this worked.

I agree that its pretty fast. I dont think I was getting that fast with the rom as is but I did start getting some random reboots today. I dl'd the new king klic kernal for aosp today and have it oc'd to 1075 and it seems to be stable and Im getting over 1700 scores now. Do yo have any idea why I cant access the internal memory via usb? Could I use something like oi file manager or astro to move items to the internal memory. if so which folder is it. The items Im seeing when I go all the way up to home are sdcard, sys, root, emmc... etc... Am I all the wat out of the sd card? I wold think so but I dont see any folders im used to seeing like media 100

Upvote 0
I agree that its pretty fast. I dont think I was getting that fast with the rom as is but I did start getting some random reboots today. I dl'd the new king klic kernal for aosp today and have it oc'd to 1075 and it seems to be stable and Im getting over 1700 scores now. Do yo have any idea why I cant access the internal memory via usb? Could I use something like oi file manager or astro to move items to the internal memory. if so which folder is it. The items Im seeing when I go all the way up to home are sdcard, sys, root, emmc... etc... Am I all the wat out of the sd card? I wold think so but I dont see any folders im used to seeing like media 100

Sounds like you're outside of the sdcard . I just tried mounting via usb and all I could get was my sdcard . So with this ROM the Internal Storage is useless, kind of weak. But I'm guessing that's gonna get fixed soon

Upvote 0
Isn't the internal memory not mounting an issue because Google didn't code Android to look for it? There's only a small handful of phones that support internal memory.

Good question... and a bit out of my league:eek:. i noticed it because on all the other roms I have flashed, when I wold mount the scard i would get 2 notificationns on my desktop to open. One was the sdcard and the other was the internal. The only other i had a issue with was Cyanogen mod and i received a error saying that my internal memory needed to be formatted. i declined because I didnt want to lose the info

Upvote 0
Running this now and I actually like it a lot. I tried it the day it popped up in ROM manager but didn't keep it for long because I dont care for the "Vanilla" look so I didnt keep it for long. Decided to give it a try again last night. Soooo to make things even sweeter so far I have flashed Black and Bold, Incognito Red and Executive themes and they all work great. I am one happy camper :D

Upvote 0

I'm having the same problem. GPS works but the location is way off. For some reason my phone wants me to live in the ocean. Turn by turn doesn't work though.

Upvote 0
I'm having the same problem. GPS works but the location is way off. For some reason my phone wants me to live in the ocean. Turn by turn doesn't work though.
Weird, my GPS puts me spot on and turn by turn works fine. He says that setcpu is not needed, built in OC. Where is that setting or is it automatic?

NM, found it under performance settings in Shadow settings.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones